Saturday 1 December 2012

Greggs - let's get this over with

It was a mistake to put Greggs on my list of places to try a coffee from. It's not a coffee shop or anything similar, I thought they did proper espresso coffee, turns out they've got a push button machine.

Anyway, I went today. I paid my money for my cappuccino, they pushed the button. I did wonder if maybe I might be surprised, my expectations were low and turns out my low expectations were, met, not exceeded.

It was pretty warm, didn't smell like much, the froth was fine. It tasted like bad coffee, but at least it tasted like coffee, even if it was bad.  At £1.65 you couldn't expect too much.

I've hadn't been to a Greggs before today and don't imagine I'll be going again. Nothing at the 'home of fresh baking' looked particularly appetising.

One thing that did impress me was the service, the lads behind the counter were efficient and friendly.

Anyway, I've done my duty.

Scores:

Coffee
Hot: 7/13
Aroma: 4/13
Flavour: 5/13
Texture: 7/13
Presentation: 5/13

General
Service: 9/13
Food: na/13
Atmosphere: 3/13


Overall 6/13

No comments:

Post a Comment